If you've been following along on my Instagram, then you know that my family and I are in Capri, Italy. We're here celebrating my brother's college graduation, and just by lucky happenstance, I turn 30 toward the end of the trip as well. We got here two days ago, and we'll go from here to Positano for another 7 nights on Saturday.
This trip seemed particularly easy to pack for. Maybe because I was so ready to start wearing warmer weather clothes, or because I was excited to wear some new things I picked up before I left town. I'll be doing a post on everything I brought with me, but I thought I'd share some packing tips for now, to maybe make your next trip a little easier.
1. Pack clothes you can mix and match for both day/night. (Tees for day, blouses for night with same pants, for ex).
2. You probably only need one nice dress to wear.
3. You don't need more than 3 pairs of shoes. (I know, it sounds crazy). Sandals, walking shoes, dinner shoes. (Do not ask me how many shoes I actually brought on this trip).
4. Double bag your liquids.
5. For long flights bring makeup wipes, facial spray, and tinted moisturizer to freshen up.
6. Ask for a sample of your favorite perfume so you don't have to carry the whole bottle with you.
7. Keep phone/computer chargers in your carry-on.
8. You probably only need one jacket - two max if you want a different one at night.
9. If you bring a hat, carry it on, or pack it flat and surround it/stuff it with socks and underwear.
10. If you want to switch up your purse at night, bring flat clutches that are easy to throw on top of your bag.