Otherwise known as the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
I'm not usually a "sale" girl per se. Obviously, I'm human and I would prefer to buy something on sale versus full price, but usually I'm underwhelmed by the selection, as they're normally things that are going out of season, and I don't have the energy to dig through a bunch of stuff to find a gem that may or may not be shoved in the middle of it all.
The Anniversary Sale, however, is a different animal. If you're not familiar, Nordstrom puts their brand new fall stuff on sale BEFORE it goes up to regular price. So it's basically Christmas in July. I find it's a good time to stock up on my usuals, and they also bring in special Anniversary edition stuff created specifically for the sale as well.
It seems like, in the fall, there's always something specific we're buying for. Back to school, gearing up for the holidays, or in my case, travel. In October I'm going to Germany and some other parts of Europe with a few girlfriends, so I'm taking this opportunity to get some necessities at a discount! Also taking it one step further on the adult scale and putting it all in a bag that I won't touch until my trip. Might be harder than not eating macarons at a french bakery, but we will see how this goes.
So, without further adieu, these are my essentials for this fall and my travel plans:
From left to right:
1. Topshop Long Belted Coat (Nordstrom Exclusive) $136 - I've been searching for a camel coat forever, and I couldn't pass this up.
2. Louise et Cie 'Zalia' Ankle Bootie $120 - the perfect black travel bootie. Need I say more?
3. Halogen Cashmere Travel Wrap $99 - soft soft soft.
4. Leith Faux Leather Leggings $45 - comfortable and fabulous.
5. Street Level Vegan Leather Pocket Tote $32 - the perfect carry-on companion.
6. Hanky Panky Lace Thong $15 or 4 for $54 - let's be real; we all have 'em. May as well stock up while they're not 20 bucks a pop.
7. Rebecca Minkoff Quilted Crossbody Bag $197 - I can't get enough of Rebecca Minkoff bags.
8. Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System $120 - if you'r not on the Clarisonic train, consider this your ticket. My skin is clearer and brighter, and the new floral print is just fun.
So there ya go. I had trouble narrowing it down to just 8, but if I put everything that grabbed my attention, we'd be here awhile. These are my basics I'm stocking up on, as well as what I hope will keep me stylish, and most importantly, comfortable on my trip overseas.